Wednesday, January 15, 2014

the (sparkly) hangover.


collage made by me via polyvore

After the holidays and especially following all the NYE debauchery, I'm sure most of you guys woke up with a hangover. But if you're anything like me or 90% of the female population, then you probably purchased an unnecessary amount of sequin adorned clothing over the holidays and now you're experiencing a different sort of hangover. This one also includes symptoms of regret and questioning your actions from the night before, such as: "why did I spend so much money on this somewhat hideous sequined body-con dress that I probably will never wear again?" and instead of searching for your car, purse or dignity - you'll be scrambling to find that receipt. 

Historically I've eschewed wearing sequins, however this past holiday I went from owning a lone pair of gold sequined hot pants (that I rarely wear except for on lazy Sundays with an oversized oxford shirt and some Nike's) to obtaining enough sparkly pieces to make you think I worked as a Vegas showgirl. Luckily, reserving sequins for special occasions are a thing of the past. I've taken a cue from the sequin queen herself, Ms. Mrs. Sarah Edwards who has nearly mastered, if not perfected the art of paring down these unconventional and fragile pieces for everyday wear.

To spark some inspiration, I've created outfits built around actual sequined pieces I own. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment